G324: Advanced Portfolio in Media

Electronic format for my A2 Media Studies coursework.

Thursday 22 November 2012

Ancillary task feedback

At the beginning of my project, I created a questionnaire that 20 people answered for me, to help plan my project. (HERE)


Here are the results that were subjected around my ancillary tasks (film magazine front cover and film poster).


11. Most people are interested in buying a magazine just for the story on the front, so I will have to make sure my magazine front cover is engaging for audiences.


12. Even more people would actually buy a magazine if it starred a character or actor from a film they are interested in. This will help me when planning what to feature on my magazine front cover.


13. From this question I found that posters are still as important when promoting a film, so I will have to ensure that the poster aims to sell the film just like the trailer.


14. Half of my audience said that a character or icon from the film needs to be featured on a poster to make them want to see it or take an interest in the film. While a quarter say that a still image from a scene takes their interest. The actual film title or actors wasn’t such a big factor, according to my questionnaire results, so I will need to take more consideration when creating my poster to use a scene or icons.

No comments:

Post a Comment